Practical Nursing Program.
Program Description:This program prepares graduates for employment as licensed practical nurses. The program includes but is not limited to theoretical instruction, clinical experience and clinical simulation in medical-surgical nursing, pharmacology and medication administration, geriatric and long-term care nursing, and obstetrical and pediatric nursing. Graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN state board examination to become licensed practical nurses.
Graduation Requirements:The student must comply with the following requirements in order to receive a diploma.
Practical Nursing Program Outcome Competencies:
- Demonstrate behaviors that comply with rules and statutes set forth in the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Florida.
- Apply nursing principles to meet the daily physical, social and psychological needs of the patient.
- Perform nursing measures with accuracy, safety and efficiency, consistent with current nursing concepts and practices in different health care settings.
- Function as a responsible member of the nursing team concerned with basic therapeutic, rehabilitative and preventative care for persons of all ages and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate professional competencies consistent with the practical nursing code of ethics.
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills.
- Perform organizational skills in following the patient’s plan of care in completing patient care assignments.
- Assist in the restorative care for patients with specific needs to reach their optimal level of independence.
- Demonstrate effective employability skills in work ethics.
AdmissionGo to admission
All Program Idea
|Title||Credits||Course Type||Total hours||Course|
|Medical Terminology||45||0||45||PN 101|
|Introduction to Nursing||50||50||100||PN 102|
|Long Term Care Nursing Assistant||75||35||110||PN 103|
|Anatomy and Physiology||90||0||90||PN 104|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||80||80||160||PN 105|
|Pharmacology and Intravenous Therapy Skills||40||50||90||PN 106|
|Medical Surgical Nursing I||90||140||230||PN 107|
|Medical Surgical Nursing II||90||140||230||PN 108|
|Maternal Newborn Nursing||30||45||75||PN 109|
|Pediatric Nursing||30||45||75||PN 110|
|Mental Health Concepts||20||50||70||PN 111|
|Community Health||10||20||30||PN 112|
|Transition to Practice||20||45||45||PN 113|